Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter with Friends

For some reason we still haven't figured out, we decided to go to the 8:00 service this morning. (Christ's Church at Mason offered five services: one at 8:00 and two each at 9:30 and 11:00.) There was a healthy, but not overflowing, crowd for the first service, and Jennifer got to see several friends. We had a reservation for 10:00 at Bronte Bistro for brunch, and we were home before noon.
Jennifer took a nap. Evelyn made food for our afternoon at the Webers place. I reread two editorials, looked at the sermons I'm preaching at Round Lake Christian Assembly, and got my clothes together for the trip. (I'm driving part way tomorrow evening and the  rest of the way early Tuesday morning.) Then I took a nap too.
We left about 3:30 to go to Bill and Verna Weber's place, where we enjoyed an Easter supper with them, Donovan and Jocelyn and Ruby and Nora, and Dave and Lisa Farris.

Ruby helped her mom blow out the candles
on the birthday cake while Grandma and Nora
looked on.


We enjoyed a bountiful spread of snacks, appetizers, dips, veggies, fruit, ham sandwiches, potato salad, and more. Tomorrow is Jocelyn's birthday, so birthday cake followed our meal, as well as hunting for candy eggs "hidden" prominently around the condo, and a game of conversation starters: "Tell the naughtiest thing you ever did," "The most unusual food I ever ate," "I wouldn't care if I never               again." Etc.
Lots of laughter. Lots of catching up. Lots of EATING. A great way to spend a holiday afternoon and evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment