Thursday, April 26, 2012

My Birthday Is Tomorrow . . .

My birthday is tomorrow, but the Facebook greetings have already started coming. Isn't it fun? I said last year one of the best things about Facebook is getting all those birthday wishes from people I wouldn't hear from any other way.
I guessing, however, that no greeting--or card, or gift--will make me smile as much as the post on my timeline from our "adopted" daughter, Wendy Wagoner. She's serving with CMF in Tanzania, and she just finished language school in another part of the country. A friend met here there, and they went to see the gorillas in Rwanda before making the trek across the Serengeti back to her home in Arusha. She has some remarkable pictures on her Facebook page, and she chose one of them just for me . . .


The greeting? "Happy birthday from me, Milo (her dog), and Murphy!" Wendy asked me if I wanted a gorilla for my birthday. I told her it would probably cost too much to ship. The picture is the next best thing, though, and one genuine smile in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment