Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Delightful Day

Yesterday was a most delightful day. I spent it at Round Lake Christian Assembly in north central Ohio where I was the main speaker for the camp's spring Keenagers Retreat (they have a Keenagers Retreat each fall too).
I asked them to pose for a picture before I began my second sermon.
The crowd was much sharper than this shot of them!
I could tell immediately that this was a crowd that a) mostly knew each other and b) had come to enjoy themselves. When dean Jeff Bullock got up to preside at the first session, I knew we were going to have fun. He joked with them. They laughed and giggled. The crowd was alive.
We sang camp songs and old hymns in a room that was filled with the sound of our voices. And they were a most responsive audience for my messages.
The workshops were all for everyone. Pat Hartson from NOAH (Northeastern Ohio Association of Helpers) shared some history of the Restoration Movement, especially in Ohio. Ralph Eichelberger and Lance Powers spoke about the ministry of Round Lake, as well as the new executive director, Scott Schoberg who showed a video that reminded us of the great work this magnificent camp is doing. Randy Richardson spoke about the ministry of Worthington Christian Village and other similar ministries in Ohio.
And Glen Wheeler led a segment called "Thirty Minutes of Laughter" that easily lived up to its name with this happy crowd.
A trio from Canton, Ohio, led the music and did a wonderful job.

I'll have more to say about this tomorrow or later this week.






No comments:

Post a Comment