Monday, April 16, 2012

Sunrise . . . Sunset

Do you ever stop to think how we take for granted the remarkable orderliness of our universe?
So, Mark, you're taking a picture of the sunrise and another of the sunset? Big deal, they happen every day.
Right . . . and isn't that a wonder, along with the changing seasons, and the minute-by-minute beating of my heart, and my hunger pangs every night just before bedtime? Well, maybe not that last one, but you see what I mean. The dependability of our universe, like the rhythm of our lives, is not boring; it's encouraging!
Today was encouraging for other reasons, too. For one, I had a nice break in the routine--a meeting in Indianapolis that took me out of the office from 8:30 till about 5:00. (I worked before and after the trip at the office to keep a few plates spinning.) The meeting . . . could be the beginning of something big, BUT that's all I'll say for this post. If nothing big comes from it, I'll remember what I was talking about when I read this post a year from now. And if something big DOES come from it, I'll post more details later.

I snapped a picture of the sunrise on the way to work. The rain clouds were blowing in, and it was raining by the time we were in the car for Indy. We drove through the front, and I didn't need my umbrella there--or when we were back home. The evening turned out sunny and breezy and lovely. So I snapped the sunset behind our neighborhood after I took out the trash. (Every Monday is trash night--there's that rhythm thing again.)


I'm pretty sure the sun will rise again tomorrow. But I'm not planning on taking a picture of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment