Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Pressure's On . . . and In

So let me tell you about Engagement Health. This is a benefit our company provides us; it's voluntary to participate in it. If you decide, of your own free will, not to participate in it, the company will decide, of its own free will, to charge you and every adult on your health insurance plan a surcharge of $50 each per month.
So Evelyn and I volunteered to participate.
There are several different options. Evelyn chose the weekly fitness path. Dutifully every week she reports how many days she has exercised for at least 30 minutes.
I chose the blood pressure program. Every week I go to this kiosk in our office, which weighs me, takes my blood pressure and pulse, and records it in a computer record so I can keep track of my progress.
Actually, I kind of like it. It's easy. It's fast. And I get a weekly record of my blood pressure to show my doctor at my annual physical.
But this week the computer in the kiosk broke, so we have to log in or call and report our progress manually. (Evelyn does this every week.)
So we pulled out the blood pressure cuff, and I took my readings at home. 135/63. I'm having trouble getting that higher number anywhere near the desired 120. I'll weigh myself tomorrow and then record online.

No comments:

Post a Comment