Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Check This!

It's nice to check things off a list. Today:
Get visa applications for Brazil trip in the mail. Check.
Compose directions from the church to Memorial Hall for the wedding reception. Check.
Get decision about whether to buy plastic dessert plates instead of renting them from the caterer. Yes. Check.
Stop by Costco to pick up plastic dessert plates for the reception. Check.
Determine that Costco doesn't have the plates and decide to check another Costco, Staples, or Wal-Mart. Check. :-)
But we are making progress.
Tomorrow I pick up my suit from Macy's.
I've always been a big list maker. Every week I make a list of stuff to accomplish that week, by category. This week I've relied on last week's list with new, daily lists of tasks for each day this week.
Of course, there are always a few things from yesterday left for today. The reason for the daily lists is that the length of the weekly list might seem a little overwhelming. But, indeed, it is satisfying to check those items off!
Earlier this summer (in desperation for picture for my blog) I took a picture of my new tomato plants. I think I deleted it from my camera, and I was wanting to publish it here to compare with how they've grown by now (I'm desperate for a blog picture today, too!).
Oh well, they ARE coming along, and in another month, the contrast will be dramatic (I hope!)
And all without writing anything on a list!

No comments:

Post a Comment