Thursday, June 7, 2012

Mow, Mow, Mow the Yard

I began last spring recording on Facebook every time we cut the grass. I just wanted to know how many times in one season we cut it. But I soon lost track after forgetting to record it a time or two, and I figured it was a little boring anyway--right up there with people telling about their digestive problems or how many brats they ate at the picnic.

I thought about keeping a running total of grass cuttings as a footnote to my daily diary entries, but other activities seemed more pertinent (maybe not always more interesting) to post. So no totals here, but I can guarantee you that we've cut the grass A LOT already this spring, and even though it's been dry the last several days, the lawn was really shaggy tonight, just 4 days after we last cut it (Sunday afternoon). So Evelyn and I went at it after supper.

She had a student once who told her grass mowing was man's work and she shouldn't be doing it. But many days it's either mow the grass for 30 minutes or walk for 30 minutes. So I gladly let her take a half hour behind the mower and I usually use the time for other piddling around the lawn.

Tonight I pinched the blooms off the impatiens plants I've bought for the centerpieces for the wedding. I've been feeding them every day, and I'm going to keep that up for the next 3-1/2 weeks. So I sure HOPE they're blooming again by then. The plan is for them to be bushy and beautiful instead of leggy and lame. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment