Friday, June 1, 2012

Sweet Treat, Warm Fellowship, Chilly Evening

What's the best thing about having company for dinner? Well, of course, the company has to be Answer No. 1. But right up there in the Top Five would be dessert! Evelyn invited Bill and Verna Weber to eat with us this evening, to welcome Verna back from her trip to New Zealand. She fixed a yummy meal of chicken with homemade barbecue sauce, potato wedges, cauliflower and pea salad, and applesauce Jello. And I brought this lovely lemon pie from Graeter's for dessert.
"The Graeter's crust is so good," the clerk at the counter told me as she was boxing it up, and I think we'd all agree.
"It tastes like homemade,"Verna said, but Evelyn didn't have to make it!
It was chilly outside when I ran out at lunch and stopped to pick up the pie. And when we stepped outside as Webers were leaving tonight, I'd have to say it was COLD! A low of 54 degrees or so is predicted for overnight.
But I'm not complaining. After the OPPRESSIVE heat all last weekend, I'm just fine with wearing long sleeves this weekend. Highs in the 60s tomorrow and 70s Sunday. Perfect for finishing up some tasks in the yard tomorrow before I return to Mason Christian Village and the Ambassadors Choir.

No comments:

Post a Comment