Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Duck Tale

There will be days without laughter. There may even be days without smiles. On those days I will pull up this post and remember the chuckles and giggles I enjoyed, just because of my Facebook friends.

The day started badly, in a way I wouldn't have chosen. As I posted on Facebook:

I ran over a duck on the way to work. Saw him too late. Felt the thud. Saw the flurry of feathers in my rearview mirror. 
Then the punny replies started. And they were still going at almost 9:00 tonight. I can't do better than to repeat the best of them:

"I hope you have that AFLAC insurance!"
"That quacks me up."
Me: I hope I don't get a bill for this.
"You think your morning was bad. It was even worse for the duck!"
"I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers with that last post."
Me: All this is getting me down.
"Not your fault, Mark. The bird should've known when to duck!"
"Waddle you think will happen to the duck now?"
Me: When I have time, I'll take a gander at the possibilities.
"These duck puns just drive me daffy. I can't keep doing this; I've got to get my ducks in a row for today."
"Such fowl language."
"You should have tried duck tape; that'll fix anything."
"I seem to remember you get to work early . . . maybe at the quack of dawn?"
"Mark, don't be down in the mouth."
"It's because of incidents like this that even the price of down is up!"
"I heard they treated him at the Drake Center."
"This was Pi Day. You could have skipped the four-and-twenty blackbirds and made a nice one with that big dude."
"A bird hit my windshield, but I've avoided lots of bunny rabbits over the years."
"Did somebody say bunny? Hare we go again  . . ."
"Let's get hopping!"
"When it comes to duck puns, you all have been Peking the easy ones."
 "This whole discussion is quacking me up. Where will this duck tale end?"

Well, it will end now. But I can't wait till I have another fun string like this to record again!

Thanks to my FB friends who get the punsters of the day award:
Dan Garrett, who started it all (and contributed the most), Ronda Blair, Chad Showalter, Dave Lang Verna Weber, Jack Bowman, Brandon Wuske (I loved that Drake Center line!), Maribeth Pippenger,  and Michael J. Weiss

1 comment: