Thursday, March 15, 2012

Not Nearly a Thousand Words

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. But there's no way to picture the way I felt for most of the day today. It's been a long time since I've been this frustrated at work. And if I used all thousand of those words to elaborate on that frustration, well, as they said in Washington several presidents ago, it just wouldn't be prudent.


At the height of my funk, a sky-darkening thunderstorm rolled through, and I decided a picture of it might match my mood. This little video doesn't do the storm--or my frustration--their due. And everybody's seen it rain before. But, considering my mood, it was the best I could do.

I talked to a good friend at lunch and my boss toward the end of the day, and I felt better, some better by the end of the day.
The sun had come out, the flowers were blooming, along with some of the bushes, and it was a beautiful drive home.
The frustration is not gone, but neither is God.
To brighten this post a little, I took a picture of some pansies I hope to plant in a pot or two for our deck or the porch or both.


No comments:

Post a Comment