Tuesday, March 27, 2012

You Know It's Not a Big Day . . .

I wanted to get a cut like that
guy on the poster, but no
one seemed to think
that was a good idea.
You know it's not a big day when the best thing you can report in your diary is getting your hair cut. We'll see if the Tuesday five weeks from today is any more exciting; if not, you'll be seeing me with the blue plastic shawl and our excellent haircutter, Peg Wiggs, popping up on the blog again.

Trivia question for the record: What, in the personal grooming category, do the last two editors of Christian Standard have in common? 
Answer: For awhile at least, they both went to the same haircutter! When Sam and Gwen Stone lived in West Chester, he asked me where I got my hair cut, and I recommended Peg. He stuck with her till he and Gwen moved back to the West side of town. But she asks me about them often.

This doesn't usually happen, but Evelyn got her hair cut tonight too, just before I arrived. I wanted to take her picture in the barber chair, but she wouldn't let me. So she took mine! (That's her in the mirror snapping me and Peg. Now, don't you think SHE would have made a more attractive shot than I turned out to be?)


No comments:

Post a Comment