Thursday, March 29, 2012

Money Matters

"I don't care how they spend their money, as long as they're making money for us," Evelyn said after I told her about visiting our financial planner today.
Steve Dauer at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney invests our retirement money and invites me to get together with him about once a quarter. I don't make it every time, but today I visited him in his office. It's nice. Nicer than this exterior picture indicates, although the building isn't shabby from the outside. Not posh, but nice. And, come to think of it, I guess I wouldn't leave my future with a guy who went to work in a dump.
We had a nice visit; I'm encouraged by the progress. I hope Steve keeps making money--for both of us.

Unrelated, but more important: "The last two weeks have been the most frustrating of my time here," a colleague told me today. An air of frustration hangs over many of his co-workers. It's a concerning time.
The flowers in the planters outside our
office are prettier than the mood inside.



No comments:

Post a Comment