Friday, March 2, 2012

Weather Story

Evelyn and I are watching the 10:00 news, full of pictures showing tornado damage all around us today. We're very thankful the storms missed us. She was texting Jennifer off and on as the same system that reached up into Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio swept through Tennessee too. Thankfully, there was no damage close to her either.
At work all day we were watching the sky. It was darker than dusk late in the afternoon. Folks were leaving work early "to get home before the storm comes through." But by the time I left work around 5:30, the sky was clearing and the sun was peeking through the banks of huge, puffy clouds. We had rain, but that's about all. It's still windy tonight, but dry.
As I left work, this was the view from my 
rain-covered driver's window.

Evelyn went with our friend Shirley Wuske to look at wedding dresses this evening while I went to a meeting with some men from church. She doesn't have a dress yet, and there's no news from that meeting I attended that I can share yet, either. But one of these days I'll probably be posting here about both.
After a black, windy, rainy afternoon, the clouds parted for a beautiful sunset.
Had a wonderful dinner at this historic inn.

No comments:

Post a Comment