Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I'm a Graduate!


Monday night was the final session of the night class I've been taking at Playhouse in the Park. I persuaded the instructor to pose with me as we were ready to leave the rehearsal hall downstairs at the Playhouse. He is Dewey Hawthorne, with experience in every aspect of show business, from managing talent to performing commercials to doing voiceover work to being a hand model for Procter and Gamble! He also teaches at NKU. The focus of the class was on TV commercials, which I don't see myself doing. (Several readers said, "Keep your day job" after I previewed one of my attempts.) But we did spend some time on voiceover work, and all in all it was a fun and worthwhile experience. It seems certain that Dewey knows what he's talking about.
I'm getting some more input on voiceover work from an experienced professional later this spring. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment