Sunday, February 24, 2013

Cinemagic Sunday

Dave Lautzenheiser put
this program together . . .
. . . and I snapped some
pictures of him putting
the cast through
their paces today.
About 16 friends from Christ's Church at Mason have been working for months on a musical revue they'll perform at this month's Evergreen dinner this Tuesday evening.
Tonight is Oscar night, and in keeping with that season, the revue is called "Cinemagic." I get to tag along three days before the performance and join them as the narrator. This is the same program, with faster tempos and LOTS of choreography added, that I was narrator for when the Ambassadors Choir at Mason Christian Village performed it last year.
I was at church today from 3:00 till after 5:30. First they did a vocal run-through. Then we blocked my little entrances and exits, and then we ran the show with mikes. 
I mostly remembered my words. One speech is too slow, and another is too fast, so I'll work on that before and driving to and from work tomorrow. And tomorrow night we'll go through the show twice before performing it for the seniors Tuesday.
It's fun--but frankly, I can't imagine all the work these folks have put it to get this 30 minutes ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment