Monday, February 11, 2013

The Promise of the Sunrise


The sun rising as I drove to work this morning made the most beautiful sky I've seen since sometime this autumn. I stopped in the church parking lot about 7:45 to snap these pictures, and as pretty as they are, they don't do the sky justice. Those huge cotton-ball clouds, reflecting the sun behind them--they were just beautiful.


Both pictures are of the sunrise, but the setting sun as I drove home before 6:00 was just as beautiful. And best of all, I realized, I can now drive TO work and home FROM work in the daylight. Winter hasn't given up its grip on us yet (I saw something about 27 degrees and snowflakes predicted for Saturday). But each passing day in February, and each warm sunrise and sunset, convinces us that spring is on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment