Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Car Repairs, Cocooning, Blood Check, and Fine Cuisine

A couple of updates since I was tired and didn't post yesterday.
Dale Barnes cleaned an air sensor and drove Evelyn's car for 10 miles and the "Check Engine" light didn't come back on. Cool.
Later yesterday evening when she was driving the car--pop!--here came that light again. :-)
I called him this morning, and he said, "Drive it next week. Drive it for a month if you want to."
"Oh really? It won't hurt the car to drive it."
"No," he said. "You don't have to worry till the 'Check Engine' light starts flashing."
OK. I'm taking it back to him Friday, and I'm guessin' the bill will be a little higher than the $39 we paid yesterday.
Update two: I wrote that column I was thinking about Tuesday when I last posted. Decided to go with the USA Today post about super cocooners and think a little about how the church might react to this trend in our culture. It will be live tomorrow (Thursday, the 21st). Not my finest work, but I was pleased to get some info from Kurt Ervin at Central Christian Church, Las Vegas, about their Internet campuses to include in my little piece.
Today I went to my rheumatoid arthritis doctor. She took blood. She always takes blood. But she said we could experiment with not taking one of the two medicines I've been taking--the more potent one with the possibly more serious side effects. So I'm glad about that. We'll see if the joint pains come back.
Larry and I usually choose fine cuisine for
these high-level meetings.
Had lunch after my doctor's appointment with Larry Collins to talk about the possibility of Christian Standard sponsoring video interviews of NACC speakers during the convention. Like all good ideas, this one is easy to pull off--if you have the money to pay for it. We'll see how this works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment