Wednesday, February 6, 2013

More Than a Year

Yep, those page views are down because I haven't posted since Sunday. I just realized I've been doing this blog for a little longer than a year. First post was the last day of January last year. This isn't the first time I've missed my goal of blogging every day, but I haven't missed many. And as I browsed through the pictures and the posts, I came across some events and thoughts that I had forgotten about, or at least forgotten that I'd written.
So I'm glad I've been engaged in this little project, even though some days it feels like a burden or a job to come up with something to write.
Yesterday and Monday I was in Indianapolis. I was helping a friend with a project Monday. He's not sayin' much about it, so I won't say anything about it either--yet. Probably someday.When Paul Williams and I realized he would be in Indy when I would be there, we decided to take advantage of the opportunity and get in some planning on future issues of Christian Standard. We got some good work done and enjoyed our time together.
I drove home from Indy and got to work about 9:30. Jim Nieman had the proof for our March Christian college issue all spread out on two countertops for final checks before uploading to the printer today. It's not as edgy or head-turning as some of the previous issues, although I think my editorial, "'Merge' Is Not a Dirty Word" will get some reaction, and several of the back-of-the-book monthly columns are really fine. We'll see if anybody likes it.
I am particularly challenged by Brian Mavis's column in the March issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment