Friday, February 15, 2013

One of the Good Ones

Drip, drip, drip . . . .
That's the sound of the talent pool at Standard Publishing slowly leaking away.
I bumped into a co-worker at the elevator this morning and explained the fruit tray I was carrying in. "It's for Mark Haas's going-away party," I reminded her. "Stop by Editorial at 10:00 and have some food."
"Oh, I hate to see him go," she said. "We're losing another of the good ones."
I think everyone at the carb-laden send-off agreed. And I can't remember a going-away party when the honoree and the master of ceremonies, both grown men, cried real tears when they were making their farewell speeches.
We're really going to miss Mark, but I'm hoping to stay in touch with him after he's left us. My friend is right. He's one of the good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment