Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Proof This Blog is Good for Me--but Not for My Proof!

I told myself I would spend at least all afternoon reading proof on our April issue. But then I had a phone call from a fellow who was giving some helpful (sought-after) advice about the business side of our magazine. And then I had an e-mail from a friend who wanted advice about writing her blog. And her note prompted me to look again at this diary/blog and look back over some posts from the last year.
I played the game where I look at this same day of the month for several of the preceding months. Some of the posts I remembered writing; several I didn't. Most of the events and feelings I remembered experiencing, but some I had mostly forgotten.
I said when I began this that it WAS all about me; I would write my diary and keep it online.
've been surprised since then, again and again, to discover someone new who was actually reading this! But the fact of readers has prompted me to try to say something someone besides me would want to read, and I think I accomplish that at least a few times each month. But I certainly don't view myself as any kind of expert on blog writing!
Our April issue is about church conflict.
Some helpful stuff in it!
Anyway, I enjoyed looking at my old diary/blog entries and thinking back over past days--meals, friends, experiences, my reactions to it all. In fact, I enjoyed it too much. I still have a bunch of proofreading to do tomorrow!
I

No comments:

Post a Comment