Monday, January 7, 2013

Deciding What to Study

I'm trying to decide what to study with my Thursday-morning men's group. We've been watching videos produced by Focus on the Family called "The Truth Project," and I wasn't sure how the guys were feeling about them.
For one thing, they're about 60-minute long lectures, so we've been dividing them into two sections so we'll have time for discussion every week. For another, the smirky self-assurance of the lecturer is a little in-your-face, especially when you have an unbeliever in the group.
I decided to poll the guys and ask them how they felt about the videos. They could vote 1 ("Let's keep watching"), 2 ("Watch or don't watch--either's OK with me"), or 3 ("Let's do something else").
I got three 3's, a bunch of 2's, and only one 1. So I've decided we should move on, but deciding what to move to is a challenge.
There's so much available out there. I spent a little time tonight looking at resources for studying Revelation, Matthew, Acts, or Psalms. It's hard to get a preference out of the fellows. I really wish we had an adult education director to provide some guidance or parameters or a plan.





1 comment:

  1. Take a look at "What the Bible Says about Grace: Set Free!" Author: Dr. Jack Cottrell

    ReplyDelete