Monday, January 14, 2013

Happy about My Day!

A friend at church told me he's reading my blog, and I said, "Why?!" Really--what we had for dinner, what I did at work, where we ate out on a Friday night. I'm glad to have a record of this stuff for reminiscing some day hence, but it almost embarrasses me that people I don't know that well want to read this. "About once every two weeks I say something that may be significant," I told my friend at church.
"Mark, you're a humble man," he replied.
Well, regular readers of my diary/blog know I have a lot to be humble about!
Speaking of what we had for dinner, here's a picture of tonight's bill of fare:
Salmon with curry, roasted cherry tomatoes, and brown rice. Fresh fruit salad, and a Bob Evans roll left over from brunch yesterday. Evelyn found the recipe in Real Simple. It was Real Good!
(I told Evelyn that regular blog reader Bob Wallace will kid me about yet another food picture. She said, "He may not be the only one!")
I noticed on the way home that the days are definitely getting longer. There was a beautiful, dark coral-colored sky behind steel gray clouds--the sky still showed light at 5:45! I was just on time for supper (didn't want to miss out on my salmon!), so I didn't stop. But I tried to snap a picture out my window at an intersection on Hamilton-Mason Road before the traffic light turned green. By the time I was able to take the photo, the sky was almost dark. But one of these days before TOO long, I'll be driving home from work in the sunshine!
We looked at Mark 4:35-41as a prelude to our volunteer prayer time at work this morning, and a rich discussion and time of prayer  followed the reading.
Read it yourself, out loud four times.
As you read it the first time, ask yourself, "What new thing do I notice in this story this time?"
Then, "If I were in the boat, what would I want to ask Jesus or the disciples?"
Then, "What makes me feel calm, and what makes me feel afraid as I read this?"
And finally, "How does this story inform the praying I want to do today?"

No comments:

Post a Comment