Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Westward Bound


I miss visiting California, all these years after Jennifer moved away from there. Evelyn says she'd never live there, and I don't expect to get the chance. But I'm pleased with the opportunity to speak at Hope International University's chapel session tomorrow morning, and I'm flying out this afternoon for LAX. I decided while I was there I'd visit some old friends, and I've arranged quite a line-up: Bob Mink, Becky Ahlberg, Glenn and Carolyn Kirby, and Charlie and Bev Maloney. All of them current or former partners in ministry or former classmates or both. I'm flying back Sunday, but before then I hope to have some pictures of palm trees under sunny skies and maybe some ocean shots to post on my blog.
I was up early this morning for the kick-off breakfast for our men's Bible study. After the 6:00 meeting at Cracker Barrel, I drove home to pack and look at my sermon. Then I was back at the office by 10:15 or so to have an impromptu meeting, catch up on some correspondence, and do some assigning for future issues. Left there after 1:30, and now I'm hanging out at the Starbucks with a decaf latte before my plane starts boarding in a few minutes.
For only about $30 more than any other price I was finding, I came across the nonstop flight and said to myself, "Oh yes, that's what I'm taking." Otherwise, I probably would have been here at noon.
I want to look at the sermon some more on the plane, and I figure I'll be up early in the morning to work some more on getting in mind, with a section here and there memorized.
I doubt I'll be blogging again till after that, but I do have some free time in the afternoon tomorrow, so I'm thinking that might be the right time for some computer time.

No comments:

Post a Comment