Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Child Is Born

Last week I showed proof pages from the October Christian Standard, including Dudley Rutherford's smiling face leading off one of the articles. Today I snapped this picture of the actual October issue. Our samples came overnight from the printer this morning. I hope readers will like it. Another of my favorite articles is the one pictured here, by Pat Magness, who teaches at Milligan College. She does an excellent job surveying contemporary fiction written from a Christian perspective. I learned a lot by reading her piece, and discovered some books I'd like to read!
Spent this morning editing on the November issue and handling correspondence, including with authors who are writing for January. Spent most of the afternoon on the phone. Paul Williams and I spent almost two hours brainstorming authors and angles for February and March issues. More assigning will be on my to-do list next week! (But November editing is at the top of the list for tomorrow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment