Saturday, March 30, 2013

Keester's Coming!

On this day before Easter, I should write something inspirational in keeping with so many posts sprinkled across Facebook today.
Actually, it HAS been inspirational to see the Scripture quotes, graphic designs of Easter messages, and invitations to Easter services tomorrow across the land. It's a warm thought to realize so many of my Facebook friends are working to glorify the risen Christ tomorrow. And several started with Easter services this afternoon. "He is risen" will be repeated a million times tomorrow--it's wonderful!
But so is this picture, don't you agree? Laughter is good, and this one made me laugh out loud when I found it posted on a friend's Facebook page this evening.
Today has been one of those rare and delightful days when I haven't left the house (except to go out in the yard), didn't even start the car--a day all day at home.
Evelyn and I read the paper and ate breakfast this morning. I paid bills, wrote checks for all our monthly donations, and we Skyped with Wendy for about an hour. (They'll be saying "He is risen" in Tanzania tomorrow, too, but Wendy is a bit homesick for all the trappings of our American holiday.)
Evelyn and I worked in the yard this afternoon. She cut the grass. (Here we go: grass cutting number 1 for this season.) And I dug up three rose bushes that need to go and chopped around on three more. I filled both garbage cans with the thorn-laden branches and left one of the dug-up bushes by the side of the house to put out for the garbage Monday night. (I hope those guys wear gloves.)
We were both tired after our first real Saturday yard-work workout. I took a shower and thought about taking a rest, but instead I wrote a draft of the editorial for the issue we send to the printer Wednesday. Susan Aulen called, and we both got to talk with her. And then we ate wonderful leftovers from last night's dinner for dinner tonight.
I think we'll watch a movie on Netflix via our Roku box to relax before bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment