Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Good Day

Trevor DeVage started a new sermon series today, all about Jesus. Today's focus was on Jesus, our Friend, and I had the chance to serve as host at the 9:30 service in the auditorium. I decided to quote J. Wilbur Chapman's words, the text to a familiar hymn, for the Communion meditation.
Jesus! what a Friend for sinners! Jesus! lover of my soul;Friends may fail me, foes assail me,He, my Savior, makes me whole.
Jesus! what a Strength in weakness! Let me hide myself in Him; [I'm] Tempted, tried, and sometimes failing,He, my Strength, my vict'ry wins.
Hallelujah! what a Savior! Hallelujah! what a Friend!Saving, helping, keeping, loving,He is with me to the end.

It was a blessing to participate in the worship service this morning.

Benji Maurer worked with one of the worship teams early in the morning.
Evelyn and I had a nice breakfast at Mimi's Cafe and then took our walk as soon as we got home. Another 50-plus degree, springlike day (just like yesterday), made a good afternoon to walk in the park. When we got back, we chopped down the dead ornamental grass outside. And then, after a shower, I did some writing (got a draft of my column that goes live Tuesday), and then went to the grocery store.
Enjoyed a little time to read the paper and watch the news before dinner, "60 Minutes," and "The Bible," the miniseries on the History Channel
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment