Thursday, March 28, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Easter

Once in awhile I go with a friend to the Honeybaked Ham store for lunch. They have great sandwiches and soup, and they're just five minutes from the office. But once or twice a year I go there to get a ham for a company dinner, and those two occasions are usually Christmas and Easter.
This year's no different. I stopped by on my way home from work today to get the meat for our Easter dinner. We're hosting Bill and Verna and Donovan and Jocelyn and Ruby and Nora Weber Sunday afternoon, and we're looking forward to the get-together.
I'm looking forward to a three-day weekend. I had a coupon for two free muffins from Mimi's, and I stopped there too, to snag a treat for our breakfast.
Today was a typical day-before-vacation day: a long list of tasks to accomplish. I achieved the most significant of them: read the proof for the May issue of Christian Standard, including checking a bunch of names among the 344 churches listed in that issue--it's our annual statistics issue. I had to write some late copy and change some copy for it as a part of the process. Also had an art-selection meeting with Scott Ryan and handled correspondence about Christian Standard-related activities at this summer's NACC.
I got there about 7:30 this morning and didn't leave till 5:30, and I was READY to depart by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment