Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Back to the Blog

This week is more evidence of a syndrome I've observed before. When there's not much to write about, there's usually time to write. When the day is full of stuff to report, it may be too full for diary-writing time. Jen has been here the last few days, and I've been too busy talking and eating and TV-viewing with her to write about it.
Actually, I've decided to be a little less driven about this whole diary-keeping thing. That is, I'm not going to feel guilty if I don't post some day. So I won't feel guilty about not posting yesterday, and I'll get on with a short entry for today.
Jennifer said before she came to visit that she was craving one of her guilty pleasures, a trip to Frisch's. So she and Evelyn met me there for lunch yesterday before they visited Mildred Holmes at Mason Christian Village. She also said she was missing good Indian food, so our outing today was to go to Raja India on Tylersville for dinner and enjoy the delicacies they offer there.
Jennifer decided while she was here she'd teach Evelyn how to use Pinterest, so that was the activity for this evening. We've had lots of laughs over the whole experience thinking of names for boards we could create, for example, and comparing Evelyn's beginning boards with the little bit I've pinned. ("Who would guess you'd both have pins from mamalovesfood.com?"
I spent most of the day at work today slogging through some challenging editing, in between e-mail correspondence and getting answers I didn't like at a brief meeting I had this afternoon.
They're predicting several inches of snow overnight, and before 9:00, the pouring rain we had at suppertime turned into heavy snowfall. The sidewalks and lawn were covered in no time.
I e-mailed myself some editing I can do early in the morning if I decide to go in a little late. The snow is supposed to turn into flurries by about 9:00 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment