Saturday, March 23, 2013

Planting Ideas

A highlight of my Friday was lunch with Rick Scruggs, Ben Simms, and John Nicholson at the barbecue restaurant beside the outlet mall halfway between Columbus and Cincinnati. Ben, with Lifeline Christian Mission, had invited me to a hockey game in Columbus between the Columbus Blue Jackets and the Calgary Flames Friday night. It was an opportunity for reps from area churches to enjoy the game and learn about a new church-planting effort in Canada. I decided not to make it to the game, but I invited these fellows to lunch so I could learn more about their work. We had good barbecue and an enjoyable visit. I was so glad to get to know all of them better, and I told Rick I'd ask him to write an article about what they're doing for our church planting issue later this year.
At work, we were handling details before Jim Nieman left for a week of spring break vacation. He was driving with his wife and daughter to Texas overnight last night! After work, Evelyn and I went from the sublime to the ridiculous--or at least from the very nice to the everyday. I had a Groupon to Teller's in Hyde Park. After a fine dinner of Florentine pizza and salads (Evelyn had the chopped; I had the steak salad--so good!) we adjourned to Costco where we stocked up on grape juice, toilet paper, almonds, tomato basil soup, and various bottles of over-the-counter drugs. Then we came home and watch two "Duck Dynasty" episodes and a "Frasier" rerun before calling it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment