Monday, March 25, 2013

A Day in Winter, I Mean Spring

 
All afternoon and evening yesterday we kept returning to the Internet for weather updates and reports of massive snowfalls in Kansas and Illinois. Before we went to bed, the newsmen here were saying, "This is very difficult to predict. I'm not sure we'll see as much snow as we at first thought." They had at first thought about 5 inches for Butler County. But we awoke this morning to steady snow, but only an inch or two of wet, heavy snow on the ground. I drove Evelyn's car to Barnes automotive (that "Check Engine Light" came back on again last week), and Robb Faust gave me a ride from there to work.
We enjoyed something different at lunchtime. A cooking demonstration and talk about nutrition from two representatives from the culinary school that offers classes in the building across the courtyard from ours. The homemade spaghetti sauce over spaghetti squash was wonderful. I've never cooked a spaghetti squash before, but I want to try it. And he mixed broccoli slaw into the tossed salad, dressed with a homemade vinaigrette.
Soon after lunch I joined a few from Standard at Christ's Church at Mason to help with a video we were shooting there. It 's a training video that will be posted at standardpub.com to help users know how to use (and decide to use) Standard Lesson Commentary and Standard LessonQuarterly. My friend Jared Alexander needed some folks to pose as members of an adult Sunday school class for some "B-roll" shots.

We had fun trying to look like real Sunday school class members while joking and chattering with each other. It sounds simple, but we were there almost two hours. Stephanie Woeste asked me to read the brief intro for the video before we left.
Robb and I went to pick up my car at Barnes's, and I ran some errands before coming home.
It snowed all day long, but thankfully the warm highways and the air temperatures just above freezing kept it from sticking on the roads. Nevertheless, the scenes outside our windows all day long were from Christmas cards and not Easter catalogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment