Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My day didn't start well

I was checking Facebook and to see if anyone had responded to my blog, so I just ate some yogurt while I was doing that, instead of a banana in the car, which is my usual breakfast. Then it was time to get to work, so I went to the kitchen to brew the one cup of coffee I can now brew in the one-cup coffee brewer Evelyn got me for Valentine's day. When I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth, I took off my glasses to comb my hair again, and the frame broke off in my hand. Bummer! I had just had them adjusted yesterday, because they weren't sitting right on my head.
I went back to the kitchen to discover that I had poured the cup of water in the brewer and pushed the "On" button--but had NOT set the cup under the spout to catch the brewed coffee! So the counter was covered with a big, brown puddle. (I'm glad it was just a cup.) Thankfully there was no mail yesterday, so no bills or anything else important was sitting in the brew. (I can replace the issue of Christian Standard whose tan pages were dripping coffee when I picked it up.)
In all the hubbub, after I wiped up the counter and brewed another cup of coffee, I forgot to take my pills.
So I got to work with elevated blood pressure and glasses hanging precariously on one ear.
For a fee (more than I'm willing to post), the nice man at the eye doctor's office has ordered new earpieces and will install them for me--probably tomorrow.
Like Evelyn said about the coffee pot, "That's one mistake you will probably never make again." I hope not. If I do, I'm not sure I'll admit it here!

3 comments: