Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tuesday Tie Day

Lookin' good, wouldn't you say?
It's a new tradition in our office: Tuesday Tie Day!
Well, sort of a tradition, that is. I counted four tie wearers (plus at least one guy who never went the "casual dress route." Every day is tie day for him!).

Anyway, I caught one of my colleagues, Rick Baltzersen, at the end of the day, and he gamely posed to help me remember that at least this Tuesday was special.

Maybe we'll have a few more next week who will "tie one on."

I used to love wearing (and buying!) ties. I have to admit that by the end of the day, the thing was feeling a little constricting, tight around my neck. I'm glad I'm not wearing one tomorrow.

Today Jim Nieman, the managing editor at Christian Standard, laid out all the color proof pages for our March 11 issue for one final check before giving the issue to the printer. This is a big one, a 32-page issue, all about Christian colleges. Actually, we're dealing with Christian colleges in two issues this year, and both of them (if I do say so myself) are worth reading. Gary Weedman wrote the lead article in this one, about the 21st-century challenges to biblical higher education. A lot to chew on for anyone in our movement interested in our schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment