Friday, May 17, 2013

Now I'm Legal

Well, here's two posts in one day after several days with none! I had time to finish up this morning's post because I went to work a little later. I went to work a little later, because I needed to stop by the Bureau of Motor Vehicles this morning, and they don't open till 8:00. I needed to go to the BMV because my driver's license expired on my birthday, and I'd been driving illegally since then.
I didn't realize it.
Last night Evelyn and I were making small talk, and she said, "My driver's license expires on my birthday. Huh! I guess maybe yours expires next year. I thought we were on the same schedule."
Then we looked at each other wide-eyed and I dashed for my wallet to look at my license.
"Oh my gosh! It expired this year!"
I searched madly online to find out the BMV's hours. And I drove . . . carefully . . . to the BMV this morning. There's no penalty if you renew within 90 days, and the lady behind the counter didn't even scowl at me.
My only concern is that by the time this baby expires the next time (2017), I certainly won't be LESS forgetful!

No comments:

Post a Comment