Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Beautiful Wednesday

Today was beautiful, with a high temperature in the mid-70s and bright sunshine. It gave me a great chance to chronicle the progress of the sugar maple in the back yard--all red now. They're predicting rain and probably some wind the next day or two, so Evelyn thinks we'll be raking Saturday. We'll see. I found some leaf lettuce seeds a few weeks ago and decided to try a fall crop in a flower box on my deck. It has sprouted nicely. We'll see if the hard freeze holds off long enough for us to get a salad!


Spent a lot of today debriefing yesterday's budget meetings. Met with The Lookout folks and our marketing manager and web guy about The Lookout's new web site that went live for the first time today. Did my part on our weekly e-newsletter and wrote a draft of my column that goes live tomorrow (better than writing it tomorrow, don't you think?).
Tomorrow I need to do some planning, manuscript reading, and assigning. I need a big block of time to give to that, and I believe I'll have it tomorrow. I'll let you know.
Previewed the video we'll watch in our men's Bible study tomorrow morning ("The Truth Project," 2nd half of Lesson 2) and visited with Jennifer on the phone till she had to go help Nina with her homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment