Thursday, October 4, 2012

Good Tastes

Spent much of this morning writing the my weekly post for Christian Standard. We promised that my column would appear every Thursday, so Thursday morning was none too soon to actually write the thing. Some of what I said there, I had said here, but for a little different account of my time on the campus of Hope International University, you can check it out for yourself.
Midmorning was spent in a meeting called by the president to explore options for increasing magazines revenue, the guideline being we can spend money only for measures guaranteed to bring a payback (which effectively eliminates experiments with digital technology). I was frustrated, but then encouraged after lunch when our VP of marketing came by with a couple of fresh ideas for stimulating subscriptions--one solid idea for each publication. So the lasting taste in my mouth was a positive one, and that's good.
Spent the afternoon doing some editing for web-only content and catching up on correspondence. In between other tasks I deleted old e-mails. Our e-mail server shut down twice in the last 24 hours because it's just too full. So strict guidelines for allowable amounts to store will be coming down, and I'm guessing mine will be one of the accounts that will regularly be close to the line.
Grabbed dinner at Panera with Evelyn tonight (finally tried their macaroni and cheese--it's good!) before we both did our volunteer stint at the Healing Center. I talked to two people who really need help--and I think they're going to get it!
Took a walk around the building in the 70-plus degree sunshine at lunchtime today and snapped this picture of the mums in one of the planters by the parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment