Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Plenty to Eat on Boss's Day

Guess what today was? Boss's Day! I had forgotten that till I got to work today and found nice cards on my desk and then a spread of breakfast (and lunch!) goodies and sweets to celebrate the day. Then at lunchtime the adult department folks also brought food--plenty for their lunch and then baked beans and barbecue and potato salad and more for anybody else who wanted to enjoy their bounty.
I spent most of the day waiting to be called into a budget meeting, but I didn't actually go into the meeting till 5:30 and didn't speak to my own budget in that meeting till about 7:00.
But we had a free and animated discussion during the next hour, and I really appreciated the time I was able to spend with the president.
I'm writing this with one ear listening to the president and Governor Romney in the second presidential debate. I won't venture a guess about who's "winning."

The Magazines staff at Standard Publishing:
Shawn McMullen, Diane Jones, Jim Nieman, Sheryl Overstreet

No comments:

Post a Comment