Monday, October 8, 2012

Still Growing, Still Mowing

Yesterday was gray and cold. Today was sunny and a few degrees warmer, so we mowed grass after work before supper. Actually, Evelyn mowed most of it. I finished up when I got home and then trimmed and swept. The afternoon was sunny and bright, but at 50-plus degrees, we were mowing in sweatshirts.
Evelyn put supper together while I was finishing up outside. She had made a new soup recipe yesterday: pasta bean soup. It was great. We had it with a salad that used the last of our cherry tomatoes with some mozzarella I had bought on a whim at Fresh Market Saturday. I grabbed some flowers from the backyard before I came in. They're saying frost warning tonight, but I figure it won't come. (They usually warn several times before it actually happens.) But if this is the last bouquet of the summer, we'll enjoy it.
I know this was just another Monday. But when it's possible, it's refreshing to make meal time a special time, and tonight's was.


No comments:

Post a Comment