Monday, October 15, 2012

The Production Continues

The November issue of Christian Standard has been printed; copies should be in the mail now. The boxes of samples arrived Friday, and my copies were waiting for me when I got in the office this morning. Doug Priest, one of our contributing editors and the leader of Christian Missionary Fellowship, Inc., helped assemble the articles, and much of the photography, including these two wonderful shots, were supplied by missionaries and missions agencies. We'll be distributing samples of this issue at the International Conference on Missions in November, and we're pretty pleased with what this one contains.
Even after just one day out of the office, there was catching up to do today--mainly correspondence to handle. Today is the deadline for most of the copy for our January issue, so, thankfully, a lot of the material was coming in via e-mail throughout the day.
I spent some time looking over the Magazines budget for 2013. I'm "on call" to come defend the budget  sometime tomorrow.
Evelyn mowed most of the yard before supper this evening. She saved just a little (most of the front) for me to do. After I mowed I put down some grass seed in a couple of bare spots, threw away some plants that are done for the summer, and picked tomatoes. Yes, for the record, on October 15 we are still getting ripe tomatoes from the garden. (The skins on some of 'em are pretty thick, but Evelyn was able to salvage enough of one to liven up our salad for supper.) It's supposed to be cold tonight, down to 39 degrees. I'm thinking temperatures like those may be contributing to the thick skins on these tomatoes. If it doesn't freeze this week, though, we should have several more ripe by the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment