Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Fine Weekend


The pictures can tell the story of our fine weekend. Friday night we ate dinner with Bill and Verna at their place. Verna fixed a wonderful dinner of pork chops and carrots and asparagus, with salad and rolls. Evelyn brought leftover cookies from Graeters and Costco, and I picked up some ice cream to finish out dessert. Bill begins his work with the Center for Global Impact tomorrow; he said it fits his perfect description of the job he was seeking. We're very happy for both of them.
Saturday morning we Skyped with Wendy Wagoner. "I think I'm just now realizing how sick I really was," she said, reflecting on her bout with malaria. It seems to be gone now, after three rounds of medicine. It was good to laugh with her. She has only a month more of language school and then back to her home base in Arusha, Tanzania.
I finished getting my taxes together and took them to be figured. We get back more from the state than we owe in federal, so all in all, that makes us feel pretty good.
Saturday afternoon I cut the grass. (I want to keep count this year. I believe that's grass cutting number 3 already, all before April 1.) 
Picked flowers for our bouquet for dinner with fun friends (see yesterday's post) and did a little to help Evelyn get ready for company.

This morning I played hymns in the Classic Praise service. The choir sang an anthem with the bell choir--nice.

This afternoon I whacked back our roses (one garbage can and one and 1/2 garbage bags full of thorny branches), edited one issue of Christian Standard, and then Evelyn and I talked with Jen on the phone. 
Ate leftovers for supper and watched "60 Minutes," our Sunday-evening routine.
Routine. It's nice to have a somewhat routine weekend. 
Now on to a four-day work week that promises to offer its own set of challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment