Friday, April 13, 2012

It's All About the People

Not long after I came to work at Standard Publishing, I often remarked, in something close to awe, that the best part of my job was the wonderful people I was able to meet from around the country, and even around the world. What a privilege I've had to know so many church leaders and their spouses, some of the finest souls on this earth. I've sat in committee and board meetings with them, and worked on projects with them, and listened to them speak in workshops and at conventions. Many have become more than acquaintances, and I've seen how they order their lives in a way that honors God and leads the church and influences the world.
Of course, I've worked more closely with some remarkable people too as I've taken on various jobs here at Standard Publishing. Maybe I'll take time to tell stories about some of them as I decide what to write day-by-day on this blog. But for now, I'll just picture two of them, whose picture I snapped yesterday at the end of the workday.


Matt Lockhart is vice president of product development here at Standard and the fellow I've reported to for the last year and a quarter.  Paul Williams has worked with me from Day One as editor-at-large of Christian Standard. Paul spent the day with me yesterday brainstorming about the future and helping me plan upcoming issues of the magazine. We had a good day, but the memory that brings the best smile to my face is this picture that reminds me of the many contributions each of these fellows has made to my work and my life. What a treasure to know and work with both of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment