Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Retreat Day

Today I'm retreating with Keenagers at Round Lake Christian Assembly. The retreat planners discovered that I spoke at a senior citizens rally in Johnson City, Tennessee, and they figured I could speak for them too.

I'm glad. Round Lake is one of the premier camps in our fellowship, and it's good to see it as well as meet folks who are reading Christian Standard. I'm driving from Worthington, Ohio to the camp early this morning and back home later tonight. If I get home soon enough, maybe I'll post a couple pictures from the event!

My sermons:
"The Circle of Faith" based on 2 Timothy 2:2: 1) Learn. 2) Teach. 3) They teach. I'm thinking we keenagers have more to teach than anyone. Do we believe it?
"What Do You Want?" based on James 1:12-15. The brother of Christ says sin and death begin with evil desires. But good desires can lead to life. The question is, "What do you want?" I got the idea for this sermon after teaching on the text with a Sunday school class at Christ's Church at Mason last year.


No comments:

Post a Comment