Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Ev-ry Day at My Church . . . .

It dawned on me yesterday that I would be at my church building sometime during each of five days in a row this week.
There was Sunday, with our monthly stint at the Welcome Center and playing Communion music during the blended service.
Monday evening I was at a committee meeting. (Don't ask; I won't tell.)
Tonight I slipped in to hear Tonic-Sol-Fa, a remarkable a capella quartet that was the program for the Evergreen monthly shindig, with everyone else invited to the concert. Quite enjoyable. Not only are they good singers, but the lead guy was quite funny and had a great way of interacting with the audience.
Tomorrow night I attend rehearsal with the worship team for next Sunday's blended service.
Thursday morning I'll be there to meet with my men's Bible study--chapters 4 through 6 in King's Cross.
If I had any notion that we're saved or we somehow earn merit by going to church, I'd be feeling pretty good about myself. But I don't, and if I feel good about myself it's not because of all my "churchiness" this week.
As the church marquee is advertising, we're having a big Habitat House building project Saturday--walls for six houses. I won't be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment