Monday, April 30, 2012

The . . . SMELL . . . of Love

What does love smell like?
Well, in the case of my daughter's love for me on my birthday this year, there are two decidedly different answers.
The first is the sweet smell of Paul Sebastian after shave, cologne, and deodorant.
The other is manure tea. Yep, that's right, you can actually buy concentrated manure (she chose horse, but cow is available) in little brown bags that you soak in water for 3-5-days. This isn't any old crappy fertilizer, mind you. This comes from livestock raised "on native grass pastures, . . . free of hormone added grains, antibiotics, and pesticides." This is ORGANIC horse poop. Just wait till you see the pictures of my flowers later this summer!

As I planned, I took donuts to work today (3 dozen; one lonely sugar twist was left when I checked before coming home at 5:30), and the magazines staffs took me to lunch for my birthday. I chose Abuelo's, and it was a wonderful meal and an enjoyable time together.
Jennifer arrived at our house a little after 6:30. She flies to Jacksonville tomorrow for a meeting on Wednesday, and then back here for wedding errands and fun Thursday through Saturday. Then on to Indianapolis Sunday to attend the Christian Missionary Fellowship board meeting.
Evelyn made pasta bean soup for supper, and for dessert we had chocolate pound cake with strawberries and whipped cream leftover from my birthday.
Now, with the wrapping off the presents Jennifer brought me, my birthday is officially over!
Today at work was typical of many: some unanticipated tasks completed, some of today's goals unfinished. I have high hopes for tomorrow, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment