Sunday, June 16, 2013

Back Home, Back to the Blog

"I haven't been off the Internet for two weeks straight since 1998!"
That was Jennifer's comment when we were reviewing our vacation with her on the phone today. We took a 12-day cruise of the Mediterranean preceded by a 3-day Rome pretour, and except for 30 minutes to check e-mail at the beginning of the trip, I didn't log onto the Internet the whole time. No Facebook. No e-mail. No blog posts.
So I'll catch up here, interspersing details about the trip with more typical daily diary reports.
I decided to sift through my dozens (hundreds?) of pictures and to begin with pictures of me and Evelyn, more or less. (Remember when I began this project, I said, "It IS all about me!")
Here's the thing. At the moment, my body, which hasn't adjusted back to Eastern Daylight time after two weeks in Italy and Greece, thinks the time is past 3 in the morning tomorrow. So I'm fading fast, and I don't have the energy to keep dates and places straight to accompany all the scenery photos.
So I'm beginning with these pictures just to record for the world and remind myself that Evelyn and I were in some beautiful, memorable places during the last two weeks.
In the Colosseum at Rome

On the Acropolis in Athens, and at the foot of the stairs leading up to Mars Hill (below)

On the beautiful islands of Malta and Santorini (below)
In an outdoor restaurant in Venice
All dressed up for "formal night" on the ship






1 comment: