Wednesday, May 29, 2013

On the Lookout

You know how it is the day before vacation? You get a week's worth of work done because you concentrate, you focus, and you MUST finish it all.
Well, I feel like I've been in that mode for the last week or more. Between yard work and some church work and work work and preparations for our tour/cruise, I've been going, going, going. I've taken and stored some pictures I've been wanting to post. I think some of that will have to wait. Friday we leave for a two-week tour/cruise, "Paul's Fourth Missionary Journey," i.e., a Mediterranean cruise. :-)
There's be no Internet (well, you CAN pay $50 for 90 minutes of access, but I've decided not to do that.) So, maybe I'll squeeze out a minute to post tomorrow. (Tomorrow night's assignment: mow lawn and PACK.) But maybe I won't. If not, I'm afraid this diary is going on a 2-week hiatus. But I WILL be taking pictures along the way.
So here's what I can offer today. One of the tasks on my list was to gather some pictures for a little slide show CCU is preparing for a program at the NACC. I decided to take some pictures from the issue of The Lookout in 1976 that introduced me as editor. I was 26 years old! At that tender age I had the misfortune of getting the job of my dreams. And although it hasn't been all dreams since then, I've never left Standard in all these almost 37 years since then.
Anyway, here's how I looked as a very young, inexperienced guy. I could wish the price of knowing what I know now were not looking like I look now

No comments:

Post a Comment