Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A New Look, Looking Toward a New Day

The older I get, the longer my list of what there will NOT be in Heaven.
Last night I was thinking that the grass in Heaven will be lush and green and weed free--and it will NOT grow. No mowing in Heaven, nosiree. Or maybe it will grow and Satan's minions will come mow it every day, maybe twice every day, while we sip iced tea and watch them. It's a thought, don't you think?
Evelyn and I mowed last night (Tuesday). We had just mowed Saturday, but it was so long we had to catch it or rake it to avoid clumps or rows of dead grass. But I'm not complaining. Come July or August I'll be posting pictures of a yellow, dried-out lawn and frustrated by the drought.
Now, for today's pictures. I got new glasses last week. My new prescription is not that much different from the old, but I had Flex money that was going to go away May 1 if I didn't spend it. So I went to Costco and got two pair, and had to pay very little for them out of my own pocket. So now I have three "looks," although two are very similar.
Which do you like best?

The above are two views of the same pair of glasses (as well as my five o'clock shadow!).

This pair is a lot like my old glasses, but with a thin rim at the top.

These are my old glasses, rimless, lightweight.
Actually, I really like 'em and will probably still wear 'em quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment