Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sunday Guests

 Ajai Lall spoke at our church this morning--he brought a passionate challenge to act on our concerns for the poor and powerless and the lost. Evelyn and I had welcome center duty, and I hosted at the 8:30 service. At that service, we sang a worship song that was popular some time ago.

No other name but the name of Jesus
No other name but the name of the Lord
No other name but the name of Jesus
Is worthy of glory, and worthy of honor
And worthy of power and all praise.
For some reason, the words struck me as particularly meaningful today. I've been thinking too much lately about my own glory and honor, perhaps.
Later in the morning we had a nice visit with Ajai's lovely wife, Indu, and I was able to snap a wonderful picture of her with Evelyn.

We ate lunch at Olive Garden with a gift card Evelyn had received at school for leading her "D" group. We cut grass and I did some other yard work as soon as we got home. And after a shower, I went to Lowe's to pick up what I hope is our last batch of mulch for this year before heading to the grocery store. We had a nice visit with Jennifer on the phone, and then Evelyn fixed grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches on rye bread; I talked her into strawberries with ice cream to finish it off. We watched "60 Minutes" and then later both struggled to stay awake during a PBS "Masterpiece Mystery."

No comments:

Post a Comment