Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Good Sunday

Like so many others in America this evening, I'm watching the first episode of the new season of "Downton Abbey" tonight. I'll see if I can write something coherent while keeping up with the British soap opera clad in castles and aristocracy.
Today was Trevor DeVage's first Sunday as lead minister at Christ's Church at Mason, and it was a good morning. His sermon seemed more powerful and pointed to me, than his trial sermon. I'm looking forward to the next one!
I sat on the front row where I could snap
some pictures of Trevor preaching
.
Mark Sullivan recruited me to be one of several filling a new role in the worship services. A "host" will welcome folks, do the communion meditation and offering prayer, make the announcement, and preside over the invitation. I'm pleased to be asked, and I think I'll enjoy this. Today I did the job in the 11:00 contemporary service--the first time I've ever attended it! It was a blessing to help lead.



These three guys were all smiles before church started at 9:30:
Mark Sullivan, Brad Wilson, and Dale Reeves.

We ate lunch at home, tapping some of the goodies we received in our Omaha Steaks package from Ken and Susan. I finished putting away the outside Christmas stuff and read some more in Rohr's book. Evelyn took a walk just a few minutes before the sky opened in a flash snowstorm and I ran out to rescue her. But by the time I found her, the snow had slacked off, and she decided to finish her walk. We had tomato bisque soup from Costco for supper and watched "Sixty Minutes" while we enjoyed it.
I received an e-mail from a friend at church who asked if it's too late to register for our trip in June. I had forgotten that we send him a brochure. I told him it's not too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment