Saturday, January 5, 2013

Important Tasks, Former Neighbors

Fred and Kay have been home two days from a
5-day cruise with their whole family, kids and grand-
kids and a niece, to celebrate their 50th wedding
anniversary and Fred's 75th birthday--14 of 'em
in all.
A quiet Saturday was a welcome experience, but it wasn't a do-nothing Saturday. I paid bills and wrote checks and did a little e-mail correspondence for our our June trip. While I was on my standardpub account, I answered a couple of work e-mails too. Read in Falling Upward, by Richard Rohr. It's been on my to-read list for far too long; I may polish it off this weekend. Went outside after it warmed up this afternoon and took down all the outside Christmas decorations: the floodlights, the extension cords, the big wreath, the sled on the front porch, and the "gumdrop" tree on the deck. Some of it was still a little wet or snowy after I brought it in, so I'll put it all away in the bins tomorrow afternoon.
Glenda and Gayle are planning to drive to
Arizona--1900 miles--about January 19.
This evening (5:00) we met our former neighbors, Gayle and Glenda Mulberry and Fred and Kay Freeberg, for dinner at Spinning Fork restaurant in Fairfield. We hadn't visited with both couples for years, probably, and it was good to get together, catch up on their kids and grandkids, and enjoy a really good meal. I'm not sure if we've ever eaten at the Spinning Fork, but it was really good. We want to go back there!


No comments:

Post a Comment