Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Short Week, a Long Week

"Will this week ever end?"
"May I remind you that this work week is only three days long?"
"I know," my colleague answered me, as we got coffee in the office lunchroom. "But it seems like this day will never end."
"I think it's the gray skies, the low pressure."
"I think it's trying to get back to the routine after almost two weeks off for Christmas."
I think I agree with her.

Not that we haven't had plenty of work to do. We got the February issue finished today--lots of late copy, last-minute tweaks, little improvements. Jim uploaded it late this afternoon, even though the deadline is tomorrow, because he has to be off to take his college freshman son to the hospital for a small out-patient procedure. 
Tomorrow will be the last day of the work week. Plenty to do. Won't be sorry to end this week and start a "regular" work week next Monday.


Our February issue is about spiritual formation. It includes a special six-page
section previewing this summer's North American Christian Convention.

No comments:

Post a Comment